Do's and Don'ts in Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh.
1. Ensure to gain basic knowledge of your trip which is vital to add a hassle-free vacation.
2. It is highly recommended to always plan your travel well in advance and book your trip from an authorized Travel Agency.
3. No hand baggage is allowed in the flights Only Jewellery/ gold money/ camera without battery.
4. Do check the weather conditions before booking your trip – Weather in Kashmir is very unpredictable.
5. (Winter season Nov to march) get heavy clothes like Thermals, Jackets, Caps, Sweater, Sport shoes for Winter ( Otherwise, Raincoats and Snow Jackets are easily available for Rent in Sonamarg, Gulmarg, Pahalgam) etc .
6. (Summer Season April to Oct) get Light woollen clothes, sport shoes, etc
7. Do check if it is a peak season or off-peak season to enjoy any discounts on your travel, sightseeing and hotel deals.
8. Ensure to contact your Travel Tour Operator for any change sightseeing tour or trekking experience do not venture on your own to unknown Territory as it is not safe Ensure to carry along your any ID ( Passport, Voter Id, Identity card etc).
9. Take Post-paid Sims only, as prepaid mobiles from outside the state is banned by Government and will not work.
10. Take precautions while going high altitude, some breathing problem may occur especially in Gulmarg & Ladakh.
11. Do carry your prescribed medication along with the Doctor’s prescription, & First Aid Kits.
12. Always keep your cash and credit cards safely avoid interacting with anyone who is a stranger .
13. Avoid any arguments and misbehaving with anyone especially women and be respectful to all.
14. Avoid any disturbances to the wildlife habitat during your visit to National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries.
15. When visiting a religious place ensure to wear appropriate attire and do take off your shoes before entering the Temple, Mosque & Monastreis.
16. Avoid driving without a legal Driver’s License.
17. It is imperative to note that Kashmir is a Muslim city; therefore, it is advisable to avoid eating pork /drinking in the local premises due to Islamic rules and belief and to be sensitive to the Islamic customs and traditions and ensure that your attire / clothing is appropriate.
18. Do good Negotiation while shopping at anywhere. As there is no fixed price at any shops / showrooms/ Factory.
19. Do good negotiation while hiring Ponies/ Gum Boots/ Skis/ Sleding/ Jackets / Camel Safaris/ Though for tourists convenience the Union rates are displayed at most of the places.
20. Do book your tickets for Amarnth Darshan & Vaishnodevi Darshan before 01 Month.
21. Take permission before you click a photograph of any one (especillay Females), Don't take photo if they ask for money.
22. Do not use plastic bag since plastic is officially banned.
23. Take complete rest for the first day of your arrival at Leh. However, this period may vary with different people. Your body should get used to the lower oxygen levels.
a) For Shopping: We take no responsibility whatsoever for the rates and quality.
b) In Pahalgam no cab is allowed for doing sightseeing of these three places (Aru , Cahnadanwari & Betaab Valley) Tourists have to hire cab from the local taxi union.
c) In Sonamarg no cab is allowed for doing sightseeing of Thajiwas Glacier, Zojilla Pass, Zero Point, Tourists have to hire cab from the local taxi union.
d) During the Peak season you may have to wait for 5-10 minutes for the Shikara to come and pick you from the Shikara stand / Houseboat.
e) In Jammu Railway station no cab are allowed to pick the guest from the platform. The Guest has to co-operate with our Representative for hassle free pick up.